PCIe 4.0 speed maximized
Huge speed boost. 40% and 55% faster random read/write speeds than 980 PRO – up to 1400K/1650K IOPS, while sequential read/write speeds up to 7450/6900 MB/s reach near max performance of PCIe® 4.0. Fly high in gaming, video and 3D editing, data analysis, and more.
* Sequential and random write performance was measured with Intelligent Turbo Write technology being activated. Intelligent Turbo Write operates only within a specific data transfer size.
Performance may vary depending on SSD’s firmware, system hardware & configuration and other factors. For detailed information, please contact your local service center
* Test system configuration: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor CPU@3.80GHz, DDR4 3600MHz 16GBx2 (PC4-25600 Overclock),
OS – Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Chipset – ASRock-X570 Taich
* To maximize the performance of the 990 PRO, please check whether your system supports PCIe®4.0 at the Intel or AMD website.
*4TB to be released in 2023.Breakthrough power efficiency
More power-efficient performance. Higher performance usually consumes more power. But, 990 PRO uses less power with over 50% improved performance per Watt over 980 PRO. This low-power design makes max PCIe®4.0 performance possible with optimal power efficiency.
* 980 PRO Sequential Read/Write – 1,129/877 MB/Watt, 990 PRO Sequential Read/Write – 1380/1319 MB/Watt based on internal test result of the 1TB capacity model.
Smart thermal solution
Speed beyond the heat. The nickel-coated controller and cutting-edge thermal control algorithm manage heat for unwavering performance. The heat spreader label controls NAND chip heat, while Dynamic Thermal Guard keeps temperatures optimal.
The champion maker
The best gameplay experience. A more than 55% improvement in random performance enables faster loads for ultimate gaming realism on PS5 and DirectStorage PC games.
* DirectStorage technology from Microsoft loads games faster than before by leveraging the multiple GB/sec speed of modern NVMe SSDs.
* Results are based on a comparison with Samsung 980 PRO
Samsung Magician software
Unlock the full power of 990 PRO. Samsung Magician software’s user-friendly suite of optimization tools always gets you the best SSD performance. Protect valuable data, monitor drive health, and get important updates. Your personal SSD toolkit.
World’s No.1 Flash Memory
Experience superior performance and reliability you only get from the world’s No.1 flash memory brand since 2003. All components and firmware are produced in-house, including Samsung’s world-renowned DRAM and NAND, for integrated start-to-finish quality you can trust.
Solid State Capacity 1 TB
HDD Type SSD
Drive Size Inches
Memory Type SSD
Memory Package Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC
Memory Size MB
Read Speed Up to 7,450 MB/s
Write Speed Up to 6,900 MB/s
4K Random Read (AS SSD) Up to 1.2mil IOPS
4K Random Write (AS SSD) Up to 1.55mil IOPS
Data Storage Life 600 TBW
Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) 1,500,000 hours
Interface PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe
Voltage 3.3 V
Electrical Power Consumption 5.4 ~ 7.8 W
Electrical Power Consumption Standby 50 mW
Operating Temperature 0 ~ 70 °C
Shock (Operating) 1,500 G & 0.5 ms
Form Factor Solid State Drive
Enclosure type Internal
In The Box 1 x 1TB SSD
Width 22 mm
Depth 80 mm
Height 2.3 mm
Weight 9 g
Warranty 5 Years
Disk Capacity 1 TB
Interface Type PCI Express 4.0 x4 NVMe
Storage Capacity 1000 GB
Solid State Drive Yes
Disk Form Factor M.2 2280
Read IOPS (4K)
Interface Type PCIe 4.0 x4 NVMe
Write IOPS (4K)
Power Requirement (auto) 5 W
PCIe Physical Slot required